Each Friday we’ll post a collection of links for you to check out over the weekend — posts from around the web that didn’t quite make the cut for the week. Not saying these aren’t cool, by any means — they’re just older or not as exciting as the links we decided to post.
- The story of the woman who discovered new species in her garden (io9)
- 6 wild and crazy sci-fi abilities of real-life plants (Blastr)
- Newly Discovered Planet: Hot, Muggy And (Maybe) Liveable (NPR)
- What happens to your brain under the influence of music (io9)
- A massive solar storm could keep us grounded on Earth for a decade (io9)
- Evolution of Narcissism: Why We’re Overconfident, and Why It Works (National Geographic)
- Astronomer: 3 reasons we can’t blow up a planet sci-fi style (Blastr)
- Migrating birds burn up muscles and organs on their long journey (io9)
- ‘Super-Earth,’ 1 of 50 newfound planets, just might support life (MSNBC)
- Hummingbirds dive to sing with their tails (io9)
Have a good weekend!