Do you have an Edmund product you absolutely love? If so, we want to hear from you!
We’re putting the final touches on our gift guide and we want you to be a part of it by recommending your favorite Edmund item for the holidays.
How can you help?
Take a picture of you (or your kids or whomever uses the product) and the product, write up one paragraph describing why you love this item and recommend it for the holidays, then send it to us!
There are a few ways you can enter:
- Post it to your Facebook wall and tag us (@Edmund Scientific) in the post. You have to “Like” us on Facebook in order to tag us, so be sure to do that first.
- Write up a blog post and send us the link (either post it on our Facebook wall, send us a tweet (@edmundsci), share it with us on Google+, or use the contact form on our blog.)
- Send us a tweet (@edmundsci) with the image and your review. Feel free to use multiple tweets, if necessary — although clever, 140 character or less entries may receive special treatment!
- Create a post on Google+ and share it with us (+Edmund Scientifics)
Of course, we won’t let you go away empty handed! As a way of saying thanks, we’re offering a couple prizes:
- All submissions will be entered into a random drawing for a $200 Edmund Scientifics gift certificate.
- The authors of any submissions we use in our gift guide will receive a $25 gift certificate.
Submissions will be accepted through Black Friday. (November 25th, 2011)
Good luck and we can’t wait to see what you recommend!
Our fans are amazing! Seriously. Thank you for making this contest a success: over 500 entries, thousands of votes, and 1,140 new Facebook fans. We couldn’t have asked for anything more!
So, who won?
As I mentioned above, we had a LOT of entries. We also had 25 entries receive over 10 ‘likes’! The caption champ, however, is Michael Howland with a very LOLcat-like message “i iz a scienrist” and a whopping 70 ‘likes’:
The caption runner-up is Levent Sakar, with an entry that received 53 likes.
The random fan winner is Chris Macri. Congratulations!
Michael gets the first choice between the Astroscan or the CHEM C3000 chemistry set. Chris will get the other prize.
Thank you to everyone who participated. As a way of saying thanks, we have something really special lined up for all of our fans. Keep an eye on our updates later in the week for more detail.
Our Fall catalog is here! If you are on our mailing list, you should be receiving your copy in the mail soon, if not already. (If you aren’t getting our catalog, why not?! Request one here.)
This new edition is chock full of new products too. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Salt Water Fuel Cell Car – the first salt water powered mini-car! Kids can learn about alternative energy while building and powering their very own toy.
- Perplexus Epic
Perplexus Epic – did you beat the original? This larger puzzle takes the challenge to a whole different level, as you navigate a steel ball along the tracks, through 125 barriers of varying difficulty.
- The Incredible Spill Not – did you see our demonstration video? This fun product uses the fundamental concepts of Newtonian physics to keep your drinks from spilling as you carry them long distances.
- 3D Star Theater – the first ever 3D home planetarium! It’s sure to keep the kids (and adults) busy for hours as you watch in amazement.
- The Wizard’s Workshop – have a Harry Potter fan in you life? Well, with this wizard themed kit you can build and solve nine challenging brain teasers.
To celebrate the launch of our new catalog, we’d like to offer the members of our online community (this blog, Facebook, and Twitter) a special promotion on our new product category: Take 15% off any product in our New Product category, from now through September 21st. Use code FALL15SM in the checkout.
And, as you get a chance to peruse our new catalog, please share your favorite new products in the comments!